newest of the newbies

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Tue Apr 16 07:32:33 EDT 2002

Actually...No, telnet and ftp are not built into the
kernel. (Heh. Betcha someone else beat me to that.) These are just
your standard client/server programs (if you want people to access
your machine, you run a telnet or ftp server, but if not, you just
need a client, like telnet or ftp or ncftp or something like that.)
These aren't anything to do with the kernel, which only deals with the
actual hardware, protocols, connectivity junk, and so on.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3  | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: davros at ycardz.com | I choose you because you're funny and kind