console based mp3 players

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Mon Apr 15 15:08:28 EDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Shane Wegner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually mpg123 does have a terminal mode when run with the
> -C command-line option.  That allows one to move through a
> song, pause, and skip to next song.
>
> I believe you need version 0.59r for this feature but it
> works well for me.

Hmmm, it works for me to, and I have that version, but there doesn't seem
to be any documentation covering it at all, either in the man page or in
/usr/doc/mpg123-0.59r.

I'd like to make it go to the previous song, but you don't seem to be able
to do that, and there's about 4 keys to do the same thing, i.e. return to
the start of the song.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808