Question about mandrake

Tommy Moore tmoore at cmrc.org
Mon Apr 15 00:31:41 EDT 2002

Am helping a buddy setup mandrake 8.2 on his box to act as a samba and
squid proxy server and one thing I notice when I login is that when typing
at the shell prompt over ssh connection it seems to redraw the line I'm
typing so that each time I hit a character it reads out all the previous
ones as well as the one I'm typing. This includes the shell prompt as
well.  It also does this when I hit the back space key at the beginning of
the line meaning that it reads me the shell prompt. Is there any way to
turn this off becuase this is really annoying me.
hehe.

Tommy