re-compilation problem

Igor Gueths igueths at attbi.com
Fri Apr 12 21:55:18 EDT 2002

Hi all. I had to rebuild my 2.4.18 kernel so that I could compile in
support for my parallel port. I had forgotten to do that previously.
However, for whatever reason I lost my alsa binaries so I had to recompile
the sources. The drivers and library compiled fine, however I keep getting
undefined reference errors in alsamixer.c, and as a result compilation
fails. The errors mostly relate to stdscr, which I believe is related to
screen i/o. Is this correct? I recently upgraded from gcc-2.95 to
gcc-3.0.4, but I don't think that this should be a problem, considering
that I was able to compile most everything else. Also, when loading
alsactl, I got: error in loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/libasound.so.2. Undefined symbol _dso_handle. Doesn't this have
to do with libs not being properly linked? Thanks for any help on this!