printer?

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Apr 8 19:22:07 EDT 2002

They work just fine you just use the deskjet driver in
ghostscript if memory servers correctly.
These new printers require you to use a program like ghostscript
to convert text into postscript then render it for the printer.
You use lpr or lprng and magicfilter or similar.
The filter looks at the file and determines which type it is and runs the
necessary filters to make sure the printer sees what it wants.
Unlike windows you have to manually tell Linux what to do with each sort
of file, you can't just go file print.
The usual solution is to convert to postscript for example
Tex and dvips or a2ps
and pipe the postscript to lpr.

Regards, Kerry.