nano and pine

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Fri Apr 5 16:03:40 EST 2002

Hi Janina,

You have been missing a real treat. However, I think you have
been using mutt lately, right? I have not made the switch yet,
and nano makes pine a lot more enjoyable than the native pine
composer, especially with that "-t" option that turned up the
other day. And it uses function keys for shortcuts to replace the
ctrl key combinations. For instance F1=help, F2=exit, F3=update,
F4=justify, F5=include, F6=search, etcetera etcetera etcetera.

This is from the pico man page:

Description
       Pico is a simple, display-oriented text  editor  based  on
       the  Pine message system composer.  As with Pine, commands
       are displayed at the bottom of the  screen,  and  context-
       sensitive  help is provided. <smip>
Sounds like two different editors in this blurb.

Chuck