Where to go now

'Georgina' gena at gena-j.net
Thu Apr 4 21:51:27 EST 2002

Hi

Just a note:  If you are going to be looking at emacs and emacspeak, I'd
forget vi for a while.  The learning curves are steep for each and doubling
up will only prove to be frustrating.

Because I lost all my data I don't have the URL but there's a really good
tutorial on the web, from the vi lovers home page, I think but I'm sure
you'll find it quite easily.

Emacs comes with a tutorial as a part of the package but personally, it's not
as good as the vi lessons.

Same with the speech solutions, focus on one at a time along with one editor.
There's not much to learn with Speakup but there's a considerable amount with
emacspeak.  I suggest you pace yourself and try to deal with as few new
things as possible.  GNU / Linux is so different to MS products that there's
a big enough challenge in itself.

Good luck and enjoy

Gena

Blindness Advocacy and Self Help Online www.bashonline.org