opening a cd spindle

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Apr 4 10:36:36 EST 2002

Cheryl:

I don't know that I can help with all of your mechanical issues, but I do
have two pointers for you:

1.)	I've found the top unit on most of my spindles was a dummy disk.
Don't try to record to it, or find some way to satisfy yourself that's a
real blank CDR.

2.)	You can very easily tell the business side of a CDR. There's a
circular ridge near the center hole that goes all the way around the hole.
This ridge is only present on one side of the CDR. Place the ridge side
down. It's the business side.