stopping speakup from reading off 1000 packige installsWhen I install redhat how can I force speakup to not read off every packige installed or just skip ahead? Thanks for info on this.

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Apr 4 10:19:01 EST 2002

Thanks for helping us add this important little tidbit to the
HOWTO_INSTALL doc.

The answer is Insert+Enter on the numeric keypad. This is a toggle which
turns automatic speaking of new screen content on and off. You can still
read the screen with other speakup commands when automatic reading is off.