opening a cd spindle

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Wed Apr 3 22:07:42 EST 2002

Well, seeing as how CD spindles aren't necessarily put together the
same way...you might have a problem with the top vs.the bottom. Can't
help you there.

However, I *can* help you with how to tell the top of the CD from the
bottom. If your CD doesn't have any tactile lines on the top as most
of mine do not, there is a way. Although, be careful anyway, as I
accidentally pasted a label to the wrong side of a CD once. I felt
stupid!

The data side of a CD has a raised ring around the center, say a half
inch larger than the hole in the middle of the CD. They all seem to
have this ring, too, so if you see a raised ring like this...it's the
bottom. The tops don't have one quite like that. Much easier to show
than to explain, but I think you should understand...
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV/3  | I choose you to take up all of my time.
Email: davros at ycardz.com | I choose you because you're funny and kind