The changing of the clocks.

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 3 22:11:40 EST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Ann Parsons wrote:

> It will automatically change if you have your clock set to your own
> time zone.

Hmmm, interesting, is it possible that if you set it to GMT, which is the
one I wanted, that this does not happen?

Hehehe, well I sorted it, finally found all the tz commands, tzselect,
while not resetting the system clock, asked a few questions and gave the
line to be added to start-up scripts.  Good old Speakup, just cut and
pasted it into /etc/zprofile.

It would appear that when setting up, Slackware gives an extra option for
GMT, which I used.  Still, it's a good way to learn.

Btw, good to see the list back, I was getting withdrawal symptoms. *grin*

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808