opening a cd spindle

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at chartermi.net
Wed Apr 3 13:37:27 EST 2002

Ok, ok, this is probably going to win the prize for the dumbest email ever to
this list, but I can't figure it out.
I just got my spindle of cds. I pulled up the end that looked to me like it
should have been the top, but that end is attached to the end of the spindle, so
once the lid opens, pulling it up just pulls the spindle out of all hundred cds.
I don't think this is what I want to do.
I have looked and looked at the other end, and honestly I don't see how to open
it.
I really don't care if you all end up thinking i'm the most mechanically inept
(that would be the nice way of putting it1) person on the list, but could
somebody tell me what to look for to open this spindle?
.I also hope that one can count on the discs being a certain way on the
spindle, because from the glimpse I've gotten, there isn't much way to tell the
top side from the bottom side.
TIA.