Web Mail

Toby Fisher toby_fisher at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 3 02:07:11 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Dawes, Stephen wrote:

> It is not for reading Web mail from other locations, but instead it is
> for hosting web mail. What I want to be able to do, is to connect to
> my linux box when away from the house and check the mail. My reasoning
> for the Web Based Email approach is that that if at work or anywhere
> else, I can connect to my web server, and check the mail. This
> solution seems like the simplest so that I don't have to worry about
> being behind any firewalls. If I have Web access through the firewall,
> then I will be able to check my mail.

This sounds like a good solution.  I''m sure, however, that I don't need
to remind you of the possible security implications of such a set-up?
Still, at least you won't be using the same servers as Hotmail. *grin*

Btw, the list has been dead for around 24 hours, is this right?  At first,
I thought something was wrong here, but there's nothing for this period in
the online archives either.

Cheers.

Toby Fisher	Email: toby at g0ucu.freeserve.co.uk
Tel.: +44(0)1480 417272	Mobile: +44(0)7974 363239
ICQ: #61744808