cut & paste ouside speakup

Terry Cudney tcudney at sympatico.ca
Mon Apr 1 22:14:47 EST 2002

Hi Keith and everyone,

	Sightees using the console would use 'gpm' and their mouse. They just drag the mouse across the text to highlight it and then paste it (again with the mouse) into the place they want it, same console, another console, whatever.

I'm sure there are similar facilities in X, but I don't know.

HTH,

	    --terry

You wrote:

-=> Thanks for the ton of responses on this issue. I knew it hd to be something
-=> obvious.  Besides the Speakup cut/paste commands, is there a way to do
-=> something ike that with a linux command?
-=>
-=> Just for an example. I was wanting to add some people to abook but it
-=> doesn't like importing from a csv file. I was doing the cut/paste thing
-=> using speakup and going between consoles. Very cool. But I was just
-=> wondering how a sighted person, or someone not using Speakup might do a
-=> similar thing.
-=>
-=> from
-=> Keith H.