SFTP Administration?

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Apr 1 11:03:36 EST 2002

I realize that, but when one uses SFTP for secured FTP sessions, they come
into ssh and as far as I can tell, no ftp servers are involved.  Is this
the correct observation? If so, then my questions from my previous
questions still apply.  I'm still wondering which windows ftp clients work
with sftp.  FTP Voyager seems to support SSL incrypted ftp but seemingly
only with Serve-U server.  I see no mention of sftp (part of ssh) for this
client.  I also would like to see progress messages when I do sftp like
you get with ncftp but the standard sftp client doesn't seem to offer
this.  I haven't had a chance to look at lftp to see if it is any better.

I hope this is clearer now:).