Cross Platform Question

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Fri Sep 28 09:16:11 EDT 2001

Hi Keith.  In general, no, you shouldn't need to defrag your linux
partitions.  There is a program for linux called defrag, but you should
only use it under the most extreem circumstances.  If you have a second
partition that will hold your files, it's probably easier and safer to
copy your files on to the second partition, do a mkfs on the first
partition, then copy the files back.  Hope this helps.

Gene