trouble with CVS and a request for votes

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Thu Sep 27 17:30:34 EDT 2001

I said *all known bugs*. That means bugs as of right now--at least it means that to me.
Sure there are going to be more bugs (software wouldn't develop otherwise).
I have only noticed 2 bugs, and from the posts I've just started to read, it looks like 1 of them is fixed.
Therefore, the tracking problem still remains.
My humble opinion is that speakup shouldn't be a 1.0 release until that's fully usable.
On the other hand, show me a DOS screenreader that couldn't track an application cursor properly
(I'm sure you all know what I mean by that), and that got released as 1.0. The analogy here is not too far off, and may I point out that not all of them are comercial software.
This is certainly not meant to put down the work of Kirk and
other speakup developpers who have done a grate job which even
surpasses comercial software. A big thank you and hats off to all of you for volenteering your
time and tallent into making speakup what it is today.
Sorry if this isn't very coherent, but I've had a tough day, and have a splitting
head ache to boot.
Greg