anotheer alsa question

Georgina gena at gena-j.net
Thu Sep 27 11:05:56 EDT 2001

Hi

Don't worry we've done it too before.

I'd added the following to a start up script:

/sbin/modprobe snd-card-emu10k1
/sbin/modprobe snd-mixer-oss
/sbin/modprobe snd-pcm-oss
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore

Although Kirk offered me an update version but I found these to work very
well.

My major problem was that of permissions have you added yourself to the
audio group?  Are the devices set to the audio group?  I always get mixed up
and its difficult to remember on a MS box, so just type man chmod and man
chown and they'll provide the appropriate information if necessary.  I hope
that I'm not telling granny ......  Oh and to rub it in further, type ls -l
/dev/dsp to view the current situation.

Hope I'm not being patronising and hope that is of some help.

Gena