trouble with CVS

Adam Myrow myrow at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 26 18:49:41 EDT 2001

I am trying to help somebody get their Linux system up and running.  I
wish to compile a new kernel with the latest and greatest Speakup on this
system so that we can use the cut 'N paste feature.  They have a DSL
Internet connection which works great most of the time, but it doesn't
seem to work with CVS and the checkout script.  Every time I try to
connect, I get a message that login was aborted and the connection was
reset by pier.  I can't remember the exact wording, but that's close.  I
have no trouble on my old dial-up.  I figure a firewall is blocking CVS or
something.  Is there any way to get a tar ball of the current version
since it has the features that are missing from the official release and
also works on the newer kernels.  Also, Kirk, do you believe that the CVS
version is stable enough to call the next new version?  It has really come
a long way since the 1.0A release.