samba installation

Josh Redmond bjr at tech21.com
Tue Sep 25 16:59:15 EDT 2001

Jim,

Try looking at Red Hat's site for any updated docs relating to samba.
I am running a Red Hat 7.1 machine setup with samba and there are some
interesting changes.
First, samba is now in the /usr/share directory with the executables
residing in /usr/sbin.
Second, all the .conf files related to samba are in /etc/samba.

You'll see what I mean if you do a "locate samba |less" at the command line.

Hope that helps!

Josh