LiteTalk 3.22 used to work, help...

Josh Redmond bjr at tech21.com
Tue Sep 25 16:51:19 EDT 2001

Hello all,

After getting the LiteTalk box to work the first time, I had to re-compile a
new kernel to add sound card support.
I got the sound card to work.  But, after the reboot the kernel locks up
when the speakup driver "looks" for the LiteTalk.
I then booted the first successful kernel I built but, that still fails with
the same results.
The only way I can boot the system using a speakup kernel is by unplugging
the LiteTalk.
The dmesg output tells me that speakup is loaded but did not find the
LiteTalk device.
On the previous working kernel I'd get a output with;
"Timeout while waiting for input"
after loading speakup.

I am at a point where I am out of options, I have even wiped out and
reinstalled a fresh kernel and fresh cvs patch to get this to work.

Thanks,

Josh Redmond
Senior Technician
Tech 21 Computer Services, Inc.