Modularisation

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Tue Sep 25 09:49:45 EDT 2001

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Buddy Brannan wrote:
> ... This has only come up a million
> times in the past several months....

And hear I seem to recall that the issue has been at hand for over a
year. I could be wrong but I think modularization was discussed long
ago. But there were bigger issues at hand and Kirk wanted to be stable all
the way.

I think that you have a choice of two paths. You can take the macroslop
path: shove in features and fix the the breaks that cause the most
noise. Or a much more muted way of making everything stable as you go. I
think Kirk has wisely chosen the later path.

Finally, when you get upset at the pace of progress, reflect how much this
has cost. First consider how much it cost you. Then how much it cost Kirk
(time, and resources). Then write a note saying thanks.

Thank you Kirk and other deveopers for putting out the code. Good work.

PS: I am a different Kirk for the easily confused.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

"When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missle at
a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive."
	- President George Bush