SpeakUp 0.10A and kernel 2.4.9 with Slackware 7

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Sep 23 08:53:54 EDT 2001

Yea, don't do it!

What I mean is don't use speakup-0.10A for this.  Start with a fresh tree
of the kernel source you want to compile; latest production version is
2.4.9 (plus any patches).  Then use the checkout script available from the
speakup FTP site.  Checkout uses CVS to get the latest version of speakup
and patch it into your kernel source tree. This will give you the correct
combination of speakup version and kernel version.  From there, compile
the kernel like one normally would. I'm quite sure there is a file,
README.CVS from the speakup package which describes how to do the checkout
process.

Good luck.