kernel compile gone wrong.

Tim Burgess tim.burgess at blazie.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 08:36:27 EDT 2001

Hi,

I tried compiling the 2.4.9 kernel without the patch, so you might have
answered my question as well.  However, I'm confused about the "CVS"
reference for SpeakUp.  I've been out of the SpeakUp loop for a while (I'm
running 0.09 under kernel 2.2.16 at the moment).  The only SpeakUp code I
can find on the web/FTP site is a tar.gz.  The installation documentation
that I have seems to indicate that all I need to do is unpack the file into
/usr/src, change to the SpeakUp directory and execute ./install.  It did
occur to me that I might (or might not) need to do the patch as per the 0.09
version.

Dazed and confused - can you advise?

P.S.  Just to show that I'm still a complete newbie, how do I delete a
directory containing files and sub-dirs in one go?

Cheers.

Tim