Thanks to those who helped - Lilo and vanishing disks

Georgina gena at gena-j.net
Thu Sep 20 13:04:24 EDT 2001

Hi

Thanks to those who helped on the reflector.  It would appear the RAID
controllers didn't like the installation of Lilo.  fdisk /mbr wouldn't work
because the controllers mixed up the drive identifications.  Somehow, the
installation of Lilo caused the Windows disk to disappear.  My techy had to
put the cables on the ordinary (Non RAID) controllers then he could clear
the mbr.  He then put the cables back to how they were and all works fine.
The retailers of my board suggest that I need a new revision of my BIOS.
It'll be a little while before I'm back on the reflector while I'm sorting
out what to do.

Once again thanks.

Gena
Gena