Weather Programs For Linux

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Tue Sep 18 19:23:48 EDT 2001

Why, yes there is. Only problem is...the weather server is wrong. At
least, it was in the last one I saw and I had to change it.

The weather script should install with the expect package...so you
have to install expect, and you'll have a script called weather that
telnets to the Weather Underground and pulls a forecast for the
default city. Or you can type weather followed by a three-letter city
code (like, say, DFW) to get a forecast for another city.

If you install expect and your weather script doesn't work, let me
know and I'll send you mine. The only relevant changes though will be
the weather server (which you'll want to change to
rainmaker.wunderground.com instead of the name that's there--leave the
3000 alone...) Well, there's that, and you'll probably want to change
the default city (MDC) to whatever your city is. Other than
that...well, that's it, really.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | From the pines down to the projects,
Email: davros at ycardz.com | Life pushes up through the cracks.