Intellectual Property Legislation Proposed

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Sep 17 14:23:54 EDT 2001

Well, I feel I need to say something on this topic.  This should be a
subject which is near and dear to blind peoples hearts, access to
information.

If any of these laws pass I am afraid that all access will become more
difficult.  Your rights to even complain about the problem could get
curtailed based on what media you use to object.

In general I believe that all intellectual property laws should be
systematically torn-down. If this does not happen I suspect we will
lose our freedom of speech as we are about to do with our privacy.
The national security agencies are in Washington today requesting more
relaxed laws on law enforcement groups for invading our privacy.  It
is sad that a national disaster such as the events over the past week,
will play right into the hands of organizations wishing to become your
big brother.

This is not the forum for this type of discussion, however, I often
wonder how many people actually understand what is being done to the
rights they worked so hard for, sometimes with their lives.

  Kirk

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061