a few things

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Sep 17 09:58:40 EDT 2001

Excuse me? I don't understand you. In the last day or so you've been
saying that Pine and Lynx don't track, and you've been asking about make
config and make menuconfig. Are you now saying you don't have a talking
linux installation after all?  Clearly, a sighted person would prefer to
use make menuconfig because there's the ready opportunity to go back and
change one's mind about any particular item--something for which I
specified the work around in an email yesterday. Are you concerned that
somehow make config and make menuconfig make totaly different linuxes?
That's probably understandable thinking for someone coming from the
commercial software world--but it doesn't apply here.

PS: If memory serves, you also wrote yesterday that the wrong synth was
specified for speakup during this make menuconfig process. If that's the
case, you fix that in your /etc/lilo.conf and, after you've fixed it, run
lilo to execute the new configuration. You'll need an
'append="speakup_synth=XXXX""' entry below the READONLY of your kernel
specification.