SuSE-BLinux

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Sun Sep 16 11:14:57 EDT 2001

Ok Gordon, I suggest starting from scratch on your problem:
First of all, you have two options.  If you're a total newbie then I will provide ZipSpeak, which is a zip file of Linux that you can put on a DOS/Windows partition and try it out with Speakup.  Alternately, you can install SuSE with sighted help.  After this you can install either Emacspeak or Speakup or SuSE-BLinux.  If I remember correctly you are using the Apollo synthesiser.  If this is the case then I'm pretty sure SuSE-BLinux supports it, though you have to specify it once you've installed the OS.  Contact me off-list if you need more info on Emacspeak.  If you find installing a new kernel a bit hard right now, I suggest the following which may or may not work:
Get the speakup.i boot disk from the Slackware site.  Insert it and at the prompt type something like:
linux speakup_synth=apolo root=/dev/whatever
this may or may not work.