Speakup web site and Devian?

Charles Crawford ccrawford at acb.org
Sat Sep 15 22:17:50 EDT 2001

Hello all.

	So I went to the speakup web site and downloaded all the stuff I could
find for Devian.  Now I have Redhat 7.1 and what I guess is Devian 2.88 and
I got the Devian because of the stuff I saw that said it does a better job
of importing drivers and applications, but I really have no idea if that is so.

	Disturbing though is that I went to the web site I saw on the Speakup site
for Devian and it does not exist as best I can tell.  I went to
www.devian.org and got some domain registration web site.  So I need to
know where to find the docs for installation and beyond.  Who knows where I
can find them and if it really makes any difference between installing
Devian or Redhat?  I note that the Devian distribution as best I can tell
at the speakup site is only 641 megs or something like that along with
other files like drivers and another 15 meg file that I have not figured
out.  I also noted that the boot image file (I guess) is 20K bigger than a
1.44MB diskette can handle?  So I might be missing a whole iso from Devian
since Redhat has two giant images?

	I would appreciate any advice on what I need to do to install Devian and
where to go to get mor3e information and if I have the files I need that I
downloaded from the speakup site?

-- Charlie Crawford.