upgrading speakup

Jim Ruby jruby at charter.net
Fri Sep 14 07:14:51 EDT 2001

I just installed rh 7.1 a week or so back and wonder how I can get the latest version of speakup installed, do I have to try and compile it in to the kernel?
How can I get the cvs version of it and use the script to check it out.

sorry, seems like very newbie questions, guess I am one again at this point.

Thanks for everyones help so far from this list.  Many of you have helped me on and off the list so just wanted to include this thank you to all of you.