changing volume at the speakup level

djc djc2 at pacbell.net
Fri Sep 14 03:18:15 EDT 2001

I go to proc/speakup and I'm running redHat7.1 and when I go to the volume
and go to edit the volume as it's set to 5 and I'd prefer it a bit louder I
tell pico to write and it gives me an error telling me that the volume is
from 0 to 9 but it won't write it for one reason or another. This is at the
root level. Is there something special I need to do please? Also when I
change this number is it spose to have a slash before it or anything like
that/ I'm not yet fluent in working speakup so I don't know some things
about it yet.

		     Msn or mailto:djc2 at pacbell.net

     I C Q Number is: 4781694