php3 with appache under debian

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Sep 10 22:59:35 EDT 2001

Hi:

I'm doing a bit of web stuff using php3 for the first time.  I'm pretty
stoked with it - it's so straight forward.  anyway, I have php3 installed
and appache installed.  I'd have thought that the php3 install would have
told appache how to process php3 docs and that appache would just take care
of it ... but it doesn't.  The script is not run and it just returns the
php source with the wrong MIME type.  What do I have to do to make this
work?  I'd like to be able to see my changes as I make them.

Geoff.