Problems with Slackware.

Joseph Norton jnorton at vol.com
Sun Sep 9 02:09:47 EDT 2001

Hi Greg:

I'm not sure what's going on with Thomas's system.  However, when I used
the modified boot disk on the Speakup ftp site, I didn't have to do
anything but run pppsetup to get ppp working.  I haven't tackled ALSA yet,
but, I know I'll need to either load the proper modules or compile a kernel
with sound support.  I'm not worried about this since I've done it
before.  I need to wait until I have more time free, though.