Problems with Slackware.

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Sat Sep 8 20:21:18 EDT 2001

Hi Thomas,

Let's assume that your zip drive is /dev/hdb.
To mount the filesystem on it, do:
"mount /dev/hdb4 -t vfat /mnt"
. Substitute your mount point for /mnt of course.
Iomega likes to format there disks as the 4th partition for some reason.
As for your ppp problem, do "lsmod".
You will get a list of currently installed modules, if ppp is not one of them,
you'll need to load it by hand with "modprobe ppp".
If this doesn't work from /etc/rc.d/rc.modules (which I've seen with certain modules before), then
add the modprobe command above to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local so that it runs
every time you boot for sure.
What kind of sound card do you have,  and did you find support for it
in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules?
Yes, speakup 0.10a works with 2.2.19 with no patches.
Hth.
Greg