Problems with Slackware.

Thomas D. Ward tward at bright.net
Sat Sep 8 17:43:41 EDT 2001

Hi, list. I just downloaded the new speakup.i image from the Speakup ftp
site, and installed the kernel to my Slackware 8 partition.
My floppy and cdrom are now working fine. However, I am still not getting
ppp nor is my built in  zip drive working.
The ppp problem is that I get a kernel error stating that I do not have ppp
kernel support. I believe I have the proper modules loading in rc.modules,
but  still no ppp.
My zip drive error is that it keeps telling INVALAD FILE TYPE> I typically
have used type vfat, and it worked fine, but since installing Slackware it
won't use vfat.Thus it won't mount the zip drive which has files on it I
need to backup from the Red Hat installation which I formated to make space
for Slackware.
Ok, now if someone can help me with these problems any help is welcome. Also
I still want to get sound, and perhaps some advice on building a 2.2.19
kernel designed for my main computer.
Does Speakup need any cvs patches to run on 2.2.19, or will the .10-a
version work fine?