triple talk usb

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Thu Sep 6 22:58:31 EDT 2001

Because keyboard and mouse support is provided by the BIOS
and it is *only* keyboard and mouse support.
As soon as the kernel activates any USB support the keyboard and mouse support
provided by the bios is turned off.
If you do not compile support in for usb keyboard, you loose your console when USB support loads.
Also, the support required is for USB Serial support something the kernel does not
support at boot. Until speakup is modularized
and there is some hook to the USB serial driver
you are out of luck.
If  you think USB is simple and straight forward from an interface perspective you are dead wrong :-)
Before USB became so popular back in 98 we called it the  useless
Serial Bus since until win98 it wasn't as usable.
Sure there was 95OSR2.5 and the USB suplement for 95 but they weren't as stable as the 98SE
usb stack.

Regards, Kerry.