Ghostview

Jack Angel eternal at mailru.com
Fri Sep 7 05:35:40 EDT 2001

I untarred ghostscript, there's no configure in it. Then I untarred
libpng, zlib and jpeglib, copied them to gs7.00/libpng, gs7.00/zlib,
gs7.00/jpeg respectively as said in the instructions. Have run configure
for all three of them, libpng's configure says that I should just copy
makefile for my system from scripts directory, so I copy
scripts/makefile.linux to makefile in it's directory. Zlib's and jpeg's
configures went successfully without any errors. Then I copied
gs7.00/src/unix-gcc.mak to gs7.00/makefile (in the instructions it's
said to choose my platform, I suppose linux should fit here, and my gcc
is 2.95.3).

The error comes at src/zdevcal.c, line 47. Here is this function :

calendar_get_params(gx_io_device * iodev, gs_param_list * plist)
{
    int code;
    time_t t;
    struct tm *pltime;
    struct tm ltime;
    static const gs_param_item_t items[] = {
        {"Year", gs_param_type_int, offset_of(struct tm, tm_year)},
        {"Month", gs_param_type_int, offset_of(struct tm, tm_mon)},
        {"Day", gs_param_type_int, offset_of(struct tm, tm_mday)},
        {"Weekday", gs_param_type_int, offset_of(struct tm, tm_wday)},
        {"Hour", gs_param_type_int, offset_of(struct tm, tm_hour)},
        {"Minute", gs_param_type_int, offset_of(struct tm, tm_min)},
        {"Second", gs_param_type_int, offset_of(struct tm, tm_sec)},
        gs_param_item_end
    };
    bool running;

and so on. Line 47 is "struct tm ltime;"

Well, I'll try too see where is tm declared... Whoa! It's in system
include file time.h. That zdevcal.c include gs7.00/src/time_.h which is,
as written there, the common time.h file. There're various
ifdef...include... statements there so it should include appropriate
time.h. Don't know why, it doesn't. So I added include time.h myself and
hopefully it compiled. Sorry for disturbing.