speakup changes in cvs

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Fri Sep 7 14:02:21 EDT 2001

Hi Greg,
Yes  to both questions.  depmod -a doesn't report any module dependecies
problems either.  One thing though, shouldn't I be running soundcore?
I'm not.  Strangely, it wasn't where it should be.  So I moved a copy to
where it should be (I had to create the directory) and did a modprobe
and the kernel told me that it couldn't find the module for the kernel
version.  This seemed absurd since I knew the file was built the same
time as the kernel.  In fact I got it out of the kernel source tree.  I
even tried re-running modules_install with no success.
Incidentally, when you are using the new beta stuff alsactl writes intou
a file called asound.state rather than asound.conf.  I'm not sure why
they made that change.

     Jim