a few things

Holmes, Steve SAHolmes at ahcccs.state.az.us
Thu Sep 6 12:45:28 EDT 2001

I have got a machine at home where two IDE drives are involved.  The 40
megger I have in there boots fine, the original 425 megger boots OK in there
when I had it installed, but the 2.5 gigger does not!  Lilo hangs after
putting 3 or four characters on the screen.  That's why I tried booting with
the 40 meg drive and hung the 2.5 gig on /dev/hdc; that process worked fine
til I tried using 2.4 kernel.  Now I get "interrupt lost" over and over.  I
may consider repartitioning the 2.5 gig drive and see what happens there.
The ide.txt file suggested issues possibly with jumper settings.  I messed
around with jumper settings for several hours last night and came up with no
new answers at all!  The sooner I can get away from those jumpers, the much
better off I'll be <sigh>.