a few things

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Sep 6 12:20:40 EDT 2001

Grub is not as accessible as lilo. Don't know what your Windows problem
was, but I've not seen Windows problems based on lilo, myself. What kind
of Windows problems? What Windows?

My advice is to put lilo back as your boot loader--or use the commercial
program System Commander which knows a lot about Windows and handles
linux, too. But, lilo is free and System Commander isn't.

PS: You did create a bootable floppy during your linux install, didn't
you? Can you boot linux using that floppy?
 On Thu, 6 Sep
2001, Deedra Waters wrote:

> we tried this and that didn't work. So we tried installing grub instead...
> but then we got the error with windows. still not sure what we're missing.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp