html to text

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Tue Sep 4 09:13:38 EDT 2001

If you're using lynx, press p for print, and select the first option, 1,
to write the file to disk. It will be a text file, and you'll be prompted
to supply a file name, though lynx will offer a default suggestion.

Next, depending on how you use lynx, you may need to clean it up a little.
What do I mean? Well, I use lynx with numbered links turned on. So, when
my screens are written to disk, all those lovely consecutive link numbers
are right there, one after the next. I have two choices in a circumstance
like this:

1.)	Turn off link numbering temporarily before saving the file;

2.)	Write a little script to get rid of the stuff enclosed in
brackets.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp