date

Adam Myrow myrow at eskimo.com
Wed Oct 31 20:34:37 EST 2001

As I understand it, Linux will adjust for daylight savings time provided
your computer is on at the time.  For example, I left mine on overnight,
and the logs showed the default marks at 20-minute intervals and they went
from 1:04, 1:24, 1:44, and back to 1:04.  At that point, the computer had
adjusted the time back one hour.  Windows, if set to adjust the clock will
continue to adjust it several days after the change on power up.  I know
the other machine I've booted into Windows adjusted the time on Monday when
first powered up and showed a dialog asking to verify that they'd done the
right thing.  Anybody know how long after the change Windows will adjust if
it is turned on?  I turned off the option since I knew Linux would be up
and running at the time and would do the change.