a little toy for you all to play with.

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Tue Oct 30 06:41:39 EST 2001

Hi guys,
I've found a little toy that's help me to be able to create packages for
slackware.
I don't know if you'll find this useful or not bit I've decided to share
it with you all as I've found it invalueable.
all u need to do is the following.
gunzip the file track.gz
make it executable by doing chmod 755 track.
make sure you're root when doing this.
move it to whereever you're executable path is.
then run track init.
then track pre
install the app u want to turn into a package.
then run track post
then track diff
after that, run track display
this will allow u to see where your app has been installed to.
then as root, make a build directory.
and then make the appropriate directories relating to that app inthe build
directory.
then for slack users run the makepkg utility and follow the prompts.
I hope this helps some.

Shaun..

Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ... and the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
                -- Wernher von Braun.
email: shauno at goanna.net.au
icq:76958435