Setting up a duel boot system?

Doug Lawlor dlawlor at roadrunner.nf.net
Tue Oct 30 04:12:25 EST 2001

Hello list, Here is what I need to do.  I have two drives here.  One is a
20Gb/7200rpm and the second is a 40GB/5400 RPM.  I want to set up Linux and
Windows on the first drive and use my second for data storage.  .  When I
use the windows Fdisk command to create the Windows partition I get asked
If I want large disk support.  Fdisk gives me a message stating something
to the effect If I enable this no other operating system will be able to
use the drive.  I know that is not quite true but Fdisk also goes on to
tell me if I disable large disk support Windows will only support
partitions up to 2GB.  Can I disable the large disk support and create a
partition that's larger than two GB?

Thanks in advance,
Doug