(no subject)

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Oct 29 09:38:28 EST 2001

Yes, just build a boot disk like normal; that is, compile the kernel like
you may have done by new and place it on a disk formatted and set up for
booting. Then mark this to load a second floppy which would contain your
various utilities needed for a rescue disk set. I would look at the
bootdisk-howto for all the gorry details. It goes into detail as to what
to put on the bootdisk to make it work and how to create a rootdisk like
the distro folks do. You could even come up with multiple utility disks
for other rescue operations.