Looking for a 56k PCI modem for linux, dos

Jason unleet at qwest.net
Sun Oct 28 21:45:12 EST 2001

Dumb question: do you have an unused serial port?

if so I'd just reccomend an external.

otherwise just avoid anything with "win" or "DSP" in the name.

I remember an old one from Creative, called "Modem Blaster Flash 56". It was
plug-and-play, but not a winmodem (it worked in a pentium 120, winmodems
won't), but it was out several years ago.