Zipspeak 8.0

Raul A. Gallegos raul.a.gallegos at mail.sprint.com
Sun Oct 28 20:20:48 EST 2001

Saqib.

ss at saqibshaikh.com said the following on Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 05:57:39PM +0100:
> Sorry, studies have bogged me down recently - the second year is certainly harder than the first!

awww, you are not allowed to have a life outside of us don't you know?
*grin*

> Anyway, the main thing that is holding me back from a public release is finding somewhere to upload it to.  I've emailed Patric Volkerding a few times in the past few months about getting some space on the Slackware FTP site but I think he's rather busy.  There's been a lot of termoil around Slackware since their parent company dumped them to fend for themselves.  I've been giving CDs of ZipSpeak to people who email me, but if someone can suggest somewhere with lots of web space let me know.  This brings up another question: are there still a lot of people who prefer Slackware, or should ZipSpeak be transferred over to RedHat or something - just an idea based on feedback from users.

I have about 500 megs of space which I can donate for this cause right
about now.  It's not obviously enough for a full blown cd image but 500
megs should be somewhat useful to anyone needing to download files.  We
could make it something like asmodean.net/pub/slackware or /pub/linux.
Go ahead and contact me when you have a chance and I'll see what we can
come up with.  As I said it's only 500 megs that I have available right
now so hopefully this will work.

Raul A. Gallegos -- Sprint BWG Systems Administration
Network Operations Center 9300 Metcalf Ave. Overland Park, KS 66212
Office:913/534.5603	PCS:913/488.3011
mailto:raul.a.gallegos at mail.sprint.com