debian's abcde package and cddb

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sun Oct 28 13:52:32 EST 2001

The comercial cddb service at cddb.cddb.com blocked all
unauthorized clients that includes cddb-tool. Only clients that
are registered can access th e service. As a result;
you need to get cddb-tool to access
freedb.freedb.org instead of cddb.cddb.com
I use the following command to get info on a cd:
cdown -H freedb.freedb.org
but that doesn't help with abcde. I'll look into abcde and see if I can set it up here
and let you know what I did.

Regards, Kerry.
On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:38:38PM -0500, Deedra Waters wrote:
> After a while I got the  abcde thing set up, but have ran into a slight
> problem. when I try and run it it starts fine and then I get this message
> Looking up CD name....Getting CD info...got it.
> cddb-tool: CDDB error: 433 Unauthorized client: cddb-tool 0.1.2.1
>
> I'm not really sure what this means, or how to fix it, but if anyone has
> ideas, or how to fix it I'd appreciate the help. thanks.

Kerry Hoath: kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au
ICQ UIN: 8226547