removing lilo

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Fri Oct 26 18:18:15 EDT 2001

Well, what I would do is partition the drive the way you would like it.
Then, first install Winblows, and then install Linux.While installing Linux
you can config a multiboot with Lilo.
If you get Lilo installed and don't want it at all you can use your win 95,
98, boot floppy and run the command
fdisk /mbr
and then it will restore the normal startup files for Windows.

PS

Make sure the boot floppy you use goes with your exact version of Winblows
or you will have a vary vary messed up mbr.

> on Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:20:45 -0500 "Jim Ruby" <jruby at charter.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > If I use the command oine to remove lilo, will the old boot or lack of a
boot loader come back so windows will s till boot?